Uncategorized

Uncategorized

The impact of the Israel-Hamas war on lives

On the first anniversary of a war that began on October 7 last year, former US President Donald Trump said, “I did a lot more for Israel than anyone else…it’s not a give and take, as they say.” He was referring to former US President Joe Biden’s claim that Trump did “a lot more for Israel than anyone else”.

Uncategorized

Thousands flee war in Lebanon as Israel expands bombardment

As the Israel-Hamas conflict entered its 11th day, the death toll in the conflict has crossed 4,100, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University. Over 2,000 Israelis were killed, while over 4,000 Palestinians were killed. The conflict, which began on October 7 last year, went on for over 24 hours before ending with Israel and Hezbollah fighting each other.

Uncategorized

The strike on the mosque killed 19 people

Israel’s military on Saturday said it had struck targets in Lebanon and that about 30 projectiles had crossed from Lebanon into Israeli territory. According to Gaza’s health ministry, at least 41,000 people have been killed by Israel in Gaza. Last month, electronic pagers belonging to members of Hezbollah suddenly exploded across Lebanon, killing more than a dozen people.

Uncategorized

Protests and vigilance mark a year since the Hamas attacks on Israel

A year after an Israeli village near the Gaza border was targeted by militants, its residents are digging up the dead and reburying them back home. Merav Roth, a prominent Israeli psychologist, said, “Questions from [the] inferno, really.” More than 100 residents of Kibbutz Be’eri were killed on October 7 last year in an attack that led to a six-week war between Israel and Hamas.

The biggest loss in the Israeli village was one year ago

As Israeli forces returned from the Gaza Strip on Wednesday after a year-long war with Hamas, the country’s President Reuven Rivlin said, “We are going back home. This is an important step in our rebuilding process.” He added, “It will be an important step to honour the memory of the heroic soldiers who bravely fought against [Hamas]…and the martyrs who paid the supreme sacrifice.”

Uncategorized

19 people were killed in a mosque as Israel bombed northern Gaza and southern Lebanon

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said, “We’re trying to reach a cease-fire in Gaza and in Lebanon.” He added, “The unnamed countries are putting forward initiatives. They include regional states and some outside the Middle East. We’re hopeful.” Iran’s statement comes after Israel carried out airstrikes in Lebanon’s south following the killing of Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah.

Uncategorized

Many flee war in Lebanon as Israel expands bombardment

Israeli airstrikes killed at least six people across Lebanon and the Gaza Strip on Sunday, a day after Israel launched its ground operation in the country’s south. The Lebanon state-run National News Agency said the area was hit by over 30 strikes overnight, the heaviest bombardment since September. Hezbollah said that it successfully targeted Israeli soldiers with a large rocket salvo.

A new car in its fleet is the Hyundai Ioniq 5

Waymo, the self-driving technology arm of Alphabet, on Tuesday announced a partnership with Hyundai to equip its fleet of electric cars with autonomous driving technology in late 2025. Waymo will purchase several Ioniq 5 vehicles from Hyundai, which will be used for Waymo’s ride-hail service. The partnership comes after Waymo said that it has achieved over 1,00,000 paid trips a week.

Uncategorized

Ex-officers in Memphis are found guilty in the death of a man

Three former police officers in the US have been found not guilty of depriving African-American Tyre Nichols of his civil rights resulting in his death in 2023. They had also been convicted of violating Nichols’ constitutional right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure. Nichols had died after being beaten with batons and pepper spray during a traffic stop.

Uncategorized

There were four other things learned from the vice-presidential debate

During the first vice presidential debate, Democratic nominee JD Vance said, “For the first time in a generation, Donald Trump had the wisdom and the courage to say, ‘We’re not doing it anymore’.” Walz replied, “I will talk a lot.” Later, Walz said, “I will talk a lot. I’ll talk a lot.” Vance was referring to Trump’s comment that “we’re not doing it anymore”.